[The image is of centred black bold text that reads ‘ALT-FROSH KINGSTON 2014’. The background is white]
The Ontario Public Interest Research Group Kingston is excited to work with allied groups and friends to host Alt-Frosh 2014! Alt-Frosh strives to foster a diverse and complex conversation as a result these events are open to all members of the Kingston and Queen’s community.
Find all the events and details of each on OPIRG Kingston’s website at opirgkingston.org/events or on Facebook at:
1. Prison Town – An Introduction to the Prison Industrial Complex in Kingston September 12, 3pm at Queen’s University, Theological Hall Room 102
2. Screening Under the Stars: To Be Takei. September 12, 8:15pm, on the lawn outside the Grey House, 51 Bader Lane
3. Porcupine Quill Earring Workshop September 13, 10am at Four Directions Aboriginal Centre 146 Barrie Street
4. POSTPONED Alternative Walking Tours of Kingston leaving the Grey House, 51 Bader Lane
5. POCTalk Open Mic Night Featuring Lady Sin Trayda MOVED TO September 20th, 7pm at the Sleepless Goat, 91 Princess Street
6. Blue is the Warmest Colour Free Film The Screening Room September 14th, 7pm at the Screening Room 120 Princess Street
7. Blue is the Warmest Colour Discussion Space September 15, 7pm at the Grey House, 51 Bader Lane
8. Free Film Screening: Disruption September 16, 8:30pm at the Grey House Lawn
9. Workbees with Loving Spoonful September 16 and 23, 3:30pm at the Oak Street Community Garden
10. Words that Hurt: Language, Power and Privilege September 17, 7pm at the Red Room, 103 Stuart Street
11. People’s Climate March September 20, for bus leaving details contact jonathonreed[at]me.com. Contact Jonathon Reed for details at jonathonreed[at]me.com.
12. Positive Space Training Session September 21, 1pm, in the Grey House, 51 Bader Lane
13. Diversity Potluck Dinner September 21, 5pm, at the Grey House 51 Bader Lane