It is finally here! The Alt-Frosh 2015 masterlist schedule! Check out these awesome workshops, discussions, reading groups, concerts, performance art, and film screenings! Check out all the event details and who is responsible for them at http://opirgkingston.org/events/!
1. The Really, Really Free Market
Sunday September 13, Noon-2pm, Doug Fluher Park.
2. African Caribbean Student Association Soul Food Sunday!
Sunday September 13, starts at 1pm, the Queen’s International Student Centre in the JDUC
3. The Alt-Frosh Feminist Cookout Kick-off Event!
with OPIRG Kingston and ten other awesome feminist campus organizations
Monday September 14, 6-8pm, the Grey House side lawn (51 Bader Lane)
Check out the event posting here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1622494738011887/
4. The Indigenous Rights History We Have Never Been Taught September 15, 5-7pm, The Red Room in the Kingston Hall
5. Introduction to Anarchism
September 16, 7-9pm, the AKA, the red and black brick building at Queen and Wellington Streets
6. Choosing Inclusive Language: Building Relationships Across Difference
September 17, 2:30-4:00pm, Queen Centre 506,
7. The Indigenous Rights History We Have Never Been Taught
September 18, 1:30-3:30pm, The Red Room in the Kingston Hall
8. Screening Under the Stars “Boy Meets Girl”
September 18, 8pm, on the Grey House side lawn (51 Bader Lane)
9. Take Back the Mic featuring Kama La Mackerel
September 19, 6:30pm open mic sign up, show starts at 7pm, Common Ground in the Queen’s Centre (CoGro) Check out the facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/738294776299738/
10. Writing Race, Writing Ancestry
September 20, 1-3pm in the Grey House Living Room (51 Bader Lane)
11. De-Stigmatizing Sex and (dis)Ability
September 20, 4-5:30pm, location to be announced shortly
12. How To Be Intimate Without Being Sexual
September 21, 3:30-5pm MacCorry Hall E229
13. What’s All This Talk About Divestment?
September 21, 7-9pm, location to be announced shortly
14. Having Hard Conversations: Talking a Friend Through Tough Times
September 22, 7-8:30pm, MacCorry B201
15. QPID Forum: Solidarity and Charity: Approaches to International Development
September 23, 5:30-6:30pm in the John Orr Room in the JDUC
16. Learn to Make Beaded Earrings
September 24, 6-8pm at the Four Directions Aboriginal Student Centre
17. Alt-Frosh Concert: ft John River
September 25, doors open at 9, show starts at 10
Check out the facebook event description here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1036148906418948/
18. Social and Environmental Justice Reading Group
September 26, 12-2pm in the Grey House Living Room (51 Bader Lane)
19. Alternative Walking Tour
September 27 at 2:30pm starting at the Grey House (51 Bader Lane)